When designing your kitchen and bathroom, choosing uncommon colors for your countertops can help you elevate your design to the next level. Blue granite countertops can transform your décor with its captivating looks. However, looks aren’t the only thing they bring into your home. Granite countertops are known for their exceptional durability, so your blue granite countertops will be a fantastic choice with their looks and durability.
Blue granite is a coarse-grained igneous stone that forms by slow cooling and solidification of molten rock. Feldspar, quartz, mica, and various other minerals come together to become granite under extreme heat and pressure. Because of how they form, all types of blue granite become hard and dense, making it an extremely durable material. The impurities in the stone turn into beautiful veining, giving the stone its unique charm.
Why are Blue Granite Countertops so Popular?
Blue granite countertops are one of the best ways to add a pop of color to your décor. Consider adding blue granite countertops into the mix when forming your color scheme. With their unique features, you won’t be disappointed. Here are the advantages of blue granite countertops.
- Beauty: Blue granite countertops bring a unique allure to your kitchens and bathrooms. Since no two slabs are identical, your blue granite countertops will be a unique masterpiece just for you. The intricate veining and speckles of blue granite will create a captivating look while adding depth to your design. Blue granite countertops effortlessly become a focal point, drawing both the eyes and attention onto themselves.
- Versatility: This may shock you initially, but it is easy to fit blue granite countertops in various design styles easily. With their uncommon looks, blue granite countertops can bring opulence and grandeur into your home. So, from traditional to contemporary, they are the perfect design element to add some visual interest to your rooms.
- Exceptional Durability: Alongside aesthetics, blue granite countertops also bring exceptional durability to the table. Granite is known for its resilient and durable nature; blue granite is no exception. Your blue granite countertops will resist scratches, chipping, impacts, and heat, making them an excellent option for kitchen and bathroom applications. With proper care, they will surely last a long time.
- Low-Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining your blue granite countertops is pretty straightforward. Mild dish soap and warm water are enough for day-to-day maintenance. This all becomes possible because blue granite countertops are sealed during installation to protect them. Getting them resealed regularly will help them last for a long time to protect them from stains and moisture penetration.
- Eco-Friendly: Blue granite countertops are an eco-friendly option for sustainability. Blue granite is a renewable resource that can be responsibly quarried. Thanks to their nature, they can be shaped in a way that has little to no carbon or chemical footprints.
- Increases Value: Having blue granite countertops is a great option for those who are planning to sell their home in the future. As mentioned, blue granite countertops will last long when appropriately maintained. Add in their amazing looks and popularity, you have a perfect recipe for a sale. Potential home buyers will be amazed to see this unique stone in your home.
What is There to Think Twice before Your Purchase?
We’ve taken a look at many outstanding features of blue granite countertops. However, they do have some disadvantages as well. Let’s take a look at them;
- Natural Variations: The unique spots, veining, and patterns of blue granite countertops aren’t for everyone. Some people prefer a more uniform look for their countertops. This especially starts to become an issue in minimalistic designs.
- Require Sealing: All natural stones require sealing because of their porous nature. Otherwise, liquids can seep into the stone, leading to permanent stains or water damage. Regular resealing is highly advised.
- Hard to Match: The color blue can limit your options for matching your countertops with other design elements. You have to be extra careful about the color of your cabinets and backsplash when you have blue granite countertops.
As Ilkem Marble and Granite, we have over 14 years of experience in the field. Since we are a family-owned and operated business, we also treat our customers as family members. We offer the best quality stone design, fabrication, and installation services for residential and commercial projects. All of our installations come with a one-year warranty, and the materials used have limited lifetime warranties.