White countertops have been quite popular in both kitchen and bathroom areas for a long time. Since countertops can make or break the design of a room, choosing the right one is extremely important. If you are in the process of remodeling, consider getting white granite countertops. They bring many amazing features to your home.
Granite forms deep in the earth’s crust by magma’s slow cooling down process. Mainly composed of quartz, feldspar, and mica, granite becomes a hard and dense stone. Other minerals can define the color of the granite and create imperfections that become beautiful veining. White granite has a wide range of colors available, from subtle creamy white backgrounds to pure white granite.
White Granite Countertops: Sleek and Clean Look in Your Kitchen
White granite countertops have many advantages that make them quite popular, especially in high-traffic areas. Here’s a list of their various benefits;
- Bright Beauty: White granite countertops offer an open and airy feel to any room they are used in. Many homeowners and interior designers have cherished their natural beauty and elegant looks for a long time. The natural variations of colors and veining add depth to the beauty of white granite countertops, giving sophistication and character to your kitchen and bathrooms.
- Versatility: White granite can come in a range of shades, hues, and patterns. They can have various colored spotting and veining innately. This variety of colors adds to the versatility of white granite countertops, making them a fantastic choice. Since granite forms naturally in the earth, each slab will have a unique look. That means there will be no exact copy of your white granite countertops anywhere else. Add in the various finish options; you get a wide range of options for your white granite countertops. No matter which interior design style you pick, you can easily find and add white granite countertops to elevate your spaces.
- Brightens Up Rooms: White granite countertops can help brighten up your kitchen and bathroom areas, making them appear bigger than they already are. Since white surfaces reflect light more, your rooms will feel more open and airy. This effect can further be increased with a polished finish. That is why white granite countertops are quite popular in smaller spaces.
- Extreme Durability: Granite is known for its durability, and white granite is no exception. White granite countertops have a hard and dense surface that can easily withstand daily wear and tear. Your countertops will be highly resistant to scratches, chipping, and heat. When taken care of properly, white granite countertops will last many years.
- Low-Maintenance: Granite countertops require sealing because of their porous composition. This sealing process makes your white granite countertops resistant to stains while adding a layer of protection. Regular resealing is needed to keep your white granite countertops in pristine condition. When your countertops are sealed, they also become easier to clean, saving you both time and energy.
- Easy Cleaning: White granite countertops aren’t the best for showing spills or dirt. However, cleaning them is pretty easy, thanks to the sealing process. You only need mild dish soap and warm water to clean your white granite countertops. Remember to dry after cleaning to keep your granite countertops looking as beautiful as day one.
- Increases Value: White granite countertops should be considered permanent investments in your home. Thanks to their many amazing features, they are quite popular. Potential home buyers will be amazed by your white granite countertops, especially if they are in pristine condition. So if you plan to sell your property in the future, having white granite countertops will definitely increase both the resale value and the chances of selling.
Know Your Material at All Points
Among their many unique features, white granite countertops also have some minor disadvantages.
- Shows Dirt: White granite countertops show more dirt, dust, and stains than any other color. That is why cleaning them immediately after they happen is essential. Luckily, cleaning your white granite countertops is easy.
- Porous: Like all granite types, white granite has a porous nature. That is why white granite countertops are sealed during installation. You will have to get them resealed regularly to keep them protected. The resealing period depends on the traffic they get, so caution is vital. Otherwise, liquids can seep into the stone, leaving permanent stains or cause bacterial growth. That is why coasters are essential when placing cups or glasses on your countertops.
- Require Professionals: Granite is a hard and dense stone that is also quite heavy. This makes the stone hard to work with. That is why installing white granite countertops is not a DIY project. You’ll need professionals to get your white granite countertops installed.
- Cost: White granite countertops can be pricy. The price is affected by many factors, such as where the granite slab was quarried or installation fees. Since white granite is a high-end material, its prices go above average.
As Ilkem Marble and Granite, we offer our customers only the finest quality stones and service. We are family-owned and operated, so we treat our customers as if they were members of our family. We have been serving our customers since 2009 and take pride in providing the best designers, fabrications, and installations for your projects.