Granite countertops have been quite popular due to their aesthetic appeal and durability. Among the vast array of granite colors, green granite stands out as the one that brings nature into your home. Green granite countertops blend earthy tones, bringing allure and elegance to any kitchen or bathroom.
Granite is known for its hardness, which comes from how it forms in nature. It is an igneous rock that forms under intense heat and pressure in the Earth’s crust. Consisting of quartz, feldspar, and mica, granite is a natural stone that brings nature’s beauty into your home. When the type of feldspar is Amazonite, the stone becomes green. However, other minerals give the green granite beautiful shades, veins, and grains.
Add a Unique Persona to Your Kitchen with Green Granite
Green granite countertops are an amazing way to create a fresh and natural atmosphere in your kitchen or bathroom areas. Also known for their exceptional durability, they are most definitely worth considering. Let’s take a closer look into the advantages of them.
- Nature’s Allure: Green granite countertops are known for their stunning visual appeal. They can instantly set the mood for your rooms, creating a focal point. Ranging from subtle shades of green to dark and sophisticated shades, they can fit right in various interior design styles. The inherent patterns and veining of the stone add depth to the beauty of your countertops.
- Versatility: Whether you prefer a traditional or a contemporary look, the versatility of green granite countertops makes them easy to design with. They can easily integrate into your design, elevating your décor. Since green is a natural color, it can easily be matched with other natural colors to create a visually pleasing area. So, you can create a natural focal point, whether you prefer a dark peacock green or a bright emerald green.
- Durability: Like all types of granite, green granite is also known for its exceptional durability. Green granite becomes a hard and dense material thanks to the way it gets formed. Your green granite countertops will resist scratches, chipping, impacts, and heat. They can easily withstand high-traffic areas, making them ideal for almost every space.
- Low-Maintenance: Green granite countertops are sealed during installation to add a layer of protection. This process makes your countertops easy to clean and maintain. However, you will have to reseal your green granite countertops regularly to keep them looking beautiful.
- Easy to Clean: The sealant layer on the surface makes your granite countertop easy to clean. You only need dish soap and warm water to keep your green granite countertops looking just like day one.
- Investment: Green granite countertops should be considered an investment because they last for generations when appropriately maintained. On the other hand, Their striking visuals and longevity also increase the resale value of your home. So, if you plan to sell your house in the future, they are worth the investment.
Think Twice Before Your Purchase
Green granite countertops have some minor setbacks as well. Here’s a list of them;
- Porosity: As with all types of granite, green granite has a porous nature. This makes your countertops susceptible to stains. As mentioned earlier, sealing your countertops adds a layer of protection, so you don’t have to worry about stains.
- Limited Colors: While green granite has a wide variety of shades, the color options are slightly more limited when compared to other types of granite. This may seem like it limits your choices. However, the colors are spread wide enough to make a spot-on decision.
- Cost: Granite is a high-end material due to its many advantages. Green granite is rare in nature, making it harder to obtain. Add in the fabrication and installation costs; the price can add up.
- Weight: Green granite countertops are heavy and hard to work with. They require support structures that can handle the weight of the stone. That is why they are not DIY projects and need professionals for installation.
As Ilkem Marble and Granite, we are a family-owned and operated business. That is why we also treat our customers as if they were family members. We offer only the finest quality stone design, fabrication, and installation services to achieve %100 customer satisfaction. We have been offering the best prices and artistry from Pennsylvania to Florida since 2009.